Image: Robert Palmer
You'll love this healthy (and simple) one-pan meal from Sarah Wilson's The I Quit Sugar Cookbook.
- 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3/4" knob of ginger, minced
- 6 chicken thighs or drumsticks (or a combo)
- 10 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped, spears halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
1 Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2 Combine the peanut butter, tamari, coconut oil, chili flakes, garlic and ginger in a baking dish and mix well.
3 Add the chicken pieces and toss around to coat. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
4 Remove the dish from the oven and artfully arrange the green veggies, onions, peanuts, lime wedges and sesame seeds around and over the chicken.
5 Return to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is browned and thoroughly cooked; serve immediately.
Prep & cook time: 40 minutes
Excerpted from by Sarah Wilson. Recipes Copyright © 2015 Sarah Wilson, Photography copyright © 2015 Robert Palmer. Excerpted by permission of Clarkson Potter. All rights reserved.